Get up and move with this free exercise board game for kids! This printable game board includes several body movements that will work on improving coordination, core strength, balance, and endurance. Whether it’s a rainy day inside, outside on the playground, or within a therapy session, kids will love having fun with this movement activity!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
What’s Included in the Free Printable:
The free exercise board game printable includes:
- A one page game board filled with different movement activities to be performed (recommended for kids age 4 and above). Some of the exercises include jumping jacks, bear crawls, marching, and 1 leg hops.
- A numbered paper spinner if needed. Use it by holding a pencil in the center (or attach a brass fastener) and using a paper clip as the spinner. Rolling a die works great, too!
You May Need:
- Movers for the game board (I use random, small objects like small toys or fun erasers! For example, the movers shown in the picture are from the Dollar section at Target!)
- A paperclip
- Brass fasteners or a pencil (depending on how you want to use the spinner)
- Laminator or reusable dry erase pockets
Directions for the Free Exercise Board Game:
- First, take turns using the spinner or roll a die to move along the game board.
- Then, perform the gross motor task that you landed on. Depending on the child’s skill level, exercises may have to be modified. For example, decrease the number of repetitions performed or distance needed to travel.
- Finally, whoever reaches the end of the board game is a winner!
To make the board game re-usable, I recommend laminating it or using dry erase pockets. Similarly, I recommend laminating the spinner as well. Use a hole punch or scissors to make a hole in the center if you are using a fastener to attach the paperclip for spinner. However, there’s no need for a hole if you are using the pencil method.
Not a subscriber yet? No worries! Use the sign-up form below to immediately get emailed the password and a link to the library!
What can you expect as a subscriber?
- Access to our growing library of free printables that are not available to download anywhere else on the website.
- Weekly emails filled with news about our latest printables, our favorite therapy finds of the week (items, news articles, and resources), and more!
- Be the first to know about discounts in the Online Store.
- Above all, you will have complete privacy. Your information will never be shared and we promise not to spam!
Looking for more ways to move? Check out my top 3 tips for motivating kids to exercise!
How do you get your kids moving? Let me know in the comments below!